Our client is a successful, rapidly growing national company, supplying a vast range of products to the care industry. They are well established, known for offering an excellent level of customer service, with a fully qualified national service team. Currently recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to join their head office in Harrogate, managing a small team of experienced and talented purchasing professionals.
Purchasing Manager - Operational Responsibilities:
- Be hands-on in the management of all purchasing processes, raising of purchase orders and stock control
- Supplier relationship management, meeting and liaising with suppliers to achieve best prices and deals, whilst being aware of the market by sourcing new products and suppliers
- Respond to and resolve any operational and service issues in a timely and professional manner. To undertake company protocols to ensure compliance with procedures and standards
- Reports analysis and providing feedback to relevant business areas
- Manage your performance through effective monitoring of purchasing management, performance appraisals, development and training
- Motivated, develop, share knowledge and encourage team members
- Ensure that appropriate resources are in place to meet the needs of the service and accurately report information to the Managing Director
- Ensure departments are consulted, supported and motivated effectively in order to achieve operational and strategic objectives and targets of the company
- Attend and positively contribute to management meetings as required
Purchasing Manager - Ideal Skills & Characteristics
- Strong knowledge of purchasing processes, staff and organisation management strategies, contract management and change management strategies
- Experienced in forecasting and analysis of data
- Experience of managing and developing purchasing personnel, promoting effective team work
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels with a strong customer focused approach
- Have strong persuading, influencing and negotiation skills
- Be an effective problem solver, highly organised with a collaborative approach
- Be analytical and able to identify trends and provide projections
- A decision maker with sound professional judgement
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, able to cope with conflicting and complex demands, achieve objectives despite complex setbacks and challenges
Purchasing Manager offering £30,000 - £40,000 basic salary for the successful candidate.
All successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Purchasing Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd. The services advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.
- Management Skills
- Relationship Management
- Purchasing Processes
- Supplier Negotiation
- Group Purchasing