Our leading FMCG client based in Spalding is looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager (Packaging) on a fulltime permanent basis. The role will involve Sourcing, purchase and deliver packaging and production consumables to meet manufacturing plans at or below standard costs, on time (in full) and to buying specifications (Inventory Management). Deliver the purchasing strategy as directed by the Senior Purchasing Manager.
· Deliver purchasing strategies for key categories including: flexibles, punnets/trays, cardboard/paper, labels, and printing consumables
- Use of purchasing key performance indicators and variance analysis routines to drive supplier performance and performance improvement
- To lead and/or participate in negotiations of all purchasing contracts
- Proactively manage inventory to ensure wastage and obsolescence is kept to a minimum adopting a "I own the stock" mentality
- Lead formal supplier capability assessments and performance management utilising robust measures and review routines
- Ensure that standard costings and usages are maintained
- Participate in joint customer and supplier improvement work streams. As directed by the Senior Purchasing Manager (SPM)
- Working with a continuous improvement mind set, engaging with other functions to deliver measurable benefits that are logged and reported
- Ensure that all customer, legal compliance, food safety, and ethical guidelines are adhered to. Such as BRC, Tesco manufacturing standards, the Valpak packaging submission process, and M&S How We Do Business
- Manage systems to verify the quality of inbound goods purchased by your team against buying specifications
- Provision of standard materials costings and forecasting data for budgeting purposes
- Procurement of other non-produce items such as office equipment, consumables, and work wear
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Spalding business. To be considered for this role you will have buying experience ideally within packaging however other forms of buying will be considered.