Nigel Wright Supply Chain and Procurement Division are currently working with a well established industrial manufacturer based in Teesside to recruit a Purchasing Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Finance with the remit of managing all UK purchasing and raw materials` availability for production in addition to conducting more strategic reviews/spend analysis targeting cost reduction, vendor rationalisation and continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supplier relationship/contract management and development
- Reviewing current and historical spend activity to identify key areas of spend, main suppliers and opportunities for supplier rationalisation and continuous improvement
- Market research to benchmark commodity pricing and assess opportunities to drive value - cost reduction, quality, availability and delivery - presenting recommendations to Head of Finance
- Liaising with existing/potential new suppliers to further understand their full capabilities/product/materials' portfolio and identify opportunities for spend consolidation/product alternatives
- Sourcing and negotiation of contract terms, rebates etc.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven procurement background within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of metals' procurement and the ability to interrogate technical drawings would be advantageous
- Excellent analytical skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, able to influence both internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Sales and Project Managers) and suppliers
- Flexible, proactive and assertive approach in addition to strong organisational and prioritisation skills, able to perform within tight deadlines
- Experience of stores' management and implementing stock control processes would be beneficial
This role provides the ideal platform to shape the procurement strategy and stock management processes for a well established manufacturer striving for future growth.
Should you wish to hear further details, please do not hesitate to register your interest by sending in a copy of your current CV.