Location: North Wales
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits
Our Client, a rapidly expanding food manufacturer, now has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Procurement & Supply Manager to join their team based at their site in North Wales.This is a truly fantastic opportunity to join a business that can offer long term stability.
Taking an entrepreneurial approach, and reporting to our Chief Operating Officer, you must have good verbal and written communication skills, exceptional negotiation skills with ability to influence at senior levels, and the ability to build strong working relationships with both suppliers, customers and colleagues.
As Procurement Manager you will be strategically and practically review all procurement across the business, identifying cost savings and efficiencies, and to lead contract negotiations for purchasing of all equipment, raw materials, packaging and services; whilst supporting new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process.
- Lead the contract negotiations for all raw material and packaging contracts and manage relationships
- Devise and implement a process to review the procurement of low value/volume items
- Study and analyse markets to make recommendations of possible specification changes which would represent savings without detracting from quality requirements.
- Implement and manage a supplier quality management system that ensures compliance with all relevant standards including managing supplier relationships and auditing
- Develop and maintain a suite of KPIs to measure the success of the function, including upplier delivery performance
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and take action where required
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks
- Manage the sourcing and obtaining of new packaging and materials for NPD and EPD
- Liaise with stakeholders on product change requests and review and communicate the impact on material planning and schedules
- Ensure effective material planning implementation takes place relating to the changes
- Experience in a high-volume food or drink manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing the supply chain in a BRC environment
- Experience of buying packaging
- Knowledge of printing techniques and their strengths and weaknesses
- Demonstrable experience of implementing or maintaining a supplier QMS system
- Knowledge of stock management including minimum and maximum requirements
- Experience of managing complete tender processes and placing long term contracts
For more information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR7208
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job