This role will report to the senior management team and will be responsible for the purchasing department.
This role will have the freedom to make changes and improvements in a very well establish business with strong relationships with suppliers.
- Overseeing, planning and reviewing annual stock purchasing.
- Developing and managing a small team of buyers and administrators.
- Monitor procurement costs, stock levels, trends and reporting.
- Identifying and implementing cost saving potentials.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the data
- Managing the team to achieve our KPI’s.
- Reporting on supplier performance and managing rebate targets.
- Negotiating with (directly and via the team) old and new suppliers to develop new ranges, improve prices and terms.
- Developing the procurement system as part of our overall business strategy.
- Managing and reporting on forecasting and promotions
Experience & Skills
This role will suit someone with experience in a similar role with experience, ambition and commercial acumen who shares in the desire for progression and development.
Experience managing a purchasing department is essential. Experience in the distribution industry ideally in the buiding services sector but not necessarily.
Strong IT skills particularly Microsoft Excel and CIPS certification would be desirable (although not essential).
A comprehensive training programme is offered with my client.
- Computer Literate
- Line Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job