Purchasing Manager Milton Keynes £50k
World leader in vacuum technology, ceramic-to-metal sealing, and gas delivery solutions, manufacturing and distributing instruments and components for the vacuum industry, with a reputation for quality, continuous process improvement, innovation and reliability instruments and components the world over. The company stocks parts, provides fast delivery of products, and enables custom design consultation to Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, providing engineered solutions for a variety of industries and vacuum applications:
Reporting to General Manager, this role is key to the buying or approving the acquisition of goods and services required by the company.
- Buying best quality goods and services, at the most competitive prices
- Oversee supply chain management and procurement.
- Ensure that the company is purchasing goods and/or services in a timely manner, at an approved cost structure, with efficient expediting and delivery.
- Daily MRP Reporting.
- Place supply purchase orders.
- Expediting of all open POs.
- Material quotations.
- Build and maintain good relationships and monitor and manage suppliers.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal departments, and customers.
- Negotiate and agree contracts
- Develop & maintain a purchasing strategy.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors.
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Highly Organised,
- Excellent Negotiation Skills.
- Multitasking Ability.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Ability to Work with a Variety of People.
- Similar Industry Experience.
Mon- Thur 8am - 5pm; Fri 8am - 2pm with 30 mins lunch. (40 hours)
20 days holiday + bank holidays. Company pension scheme.