We are currently working in close partnership with a major manufacturing business in the recruitment of a Purchasing Manager, to be based at the UK Head Office, near to Chester.
The role has been identified as a key position within the company, and as such a highly competitive salary is on offer, with extremely attractive benefits package.
The Purchasing Manager will interrogate and interpret business activity and forecasts to plan the strategic purchasing required to ensure a smooth-running operation.
This will also include considered management of all supplier relationships and key stakeholders. This role sits within the senior management team and is expected to contribute to the strategic and operational management and direction of the company in pursuit of the company goals.
- To monitor and evaluate business requirements to create a dynamic strategic purchasing plan that is fit for purpose and includes direct and indirect purchasing.
- To undertake sales and operational planning in a timely manner to provide Operations with a clear short, mid and long-term plan.
- To keep close to order book activity, business forecasts, customer programmes and quotations to drive an accurate purchasing plan.
- To work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure the purchasing plan remains in line with customer expectations, supply chain and operational activity.
- To promote and manage strong working relationships with suppliers to achieve optimum performance in terms of lead times, costs and quality of product.
- To ensure appreciation of, and compliance with, administrative requirements to support the optimal operation of the company ERP system and processes.
- To manage the development of the team in line with performance management procedures within the business.
Education / Qualifications / Experience
- A relevant degree
- Minimum of CIPS qualified level 5
- Proven ability (circa 5 years’ experience) in a fast-moving manufacturing environment or similar
- Line management experience
- Experience in sourcing machined components
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the position with you further.
Confidentiality is ensured at all times.
- Operational Planning
- Strategic Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"