Leading manufacturing company who has invested over £100M in South Wales during the last ten years. They are one of the world leaders in their field and are a very stable employer. Currently looking to recruit an experienced purchasing manager / procurement manager to lead a team of four, overseeing the purchasing department ensuring that resources are used effectively and that targets are met.
As the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will:-
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of manufacturing purchasing staff.
- Evaluate, select suppliers and negotiate terms for major purchases.
- Liaise with other managers to understand their current and anticipated demand for goods and manufacturing materials and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Analyse and evaluate the organisation's overall purchasing /procurement trends to identify areas where purchases could be made in bulk.
- Manage ongoing relationships with major suppliers, vendors or sub-contractors,
- Analyse and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to identify opportunities to reduce overall purchasing costs.
To be successful as the purchasing manager / procurement manager, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Purchasing experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of coaching and developing teams.
In return, the purchasing manager / procurement manager you will receive a salary of up between £40,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience) in addition to a bonus of up to 10%, 5% pension and healthcare. We can also offer a relocation package of between £5,000 - £8,000 depending on circumstances.
If you wish to be considered for this role, then please click the apply button.
If you apply and your CV is of interest the consultant will call you if they cannot reach you, they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
- purchasing manager
- procurement manager cardiff
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job