Purchasing Manager - Electronics
Job Title: Purchasing Manager - Electronics
Location: Wembley, North West London
Salary: Circa £45,000 + Annual Bonus
Our client is seeking a self-driven and highly motivated Purchasing Manager/Chief Buyer, who will, to join their forward thinking, successful company based in North West London.
Our client designs, manufacture, distribute and support a wide range of lighting control products for both UK and international markets. Their reputation is based on innovative designs and quality products.
We are seeking a professional Hands-On Purchasing Manager to join our well-established and successful manufacturing business in North West London (Wembley).
Working in a fast-paced environment geared towards performance, where we value the contribution of every individual.
- Manage the company spends - £8 to £10M per year (electronics components, moulded parts, and some subcontract service
- Manage a team of 3 on a daily basis
- Ensure the department is ran smoothly and the team meets the production requirements, including MRP schedules, stock rules, forecasting/planning
- Planning combining our MRP system (Syspro) and Microsoft tools
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers, ensuring a high quality of materials at all the times
- Liaising with Production, R&D and Accounts to meet the business goals
- Ensure on-time delivery to avoid Line stops due to material shortage
- Identify and solve potential issues within the department
- Buying from mainline distributors and direct from OEM suppliers
- Monitoring the overall inventory and safety stock levels
- Action NPI’s requirements together with our Project and Production Managers
- Overall responsibility of the Purchasing function
The ideal candidate will have experience in the electronics and manufacturing industry, be able to manage and supervise the Purchasing Department, working closely with other departments and being able to maintain relationships with our suppliers.
- Team leader
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of the department
- Capable of putting both the financial interest of the Company and its Customers foremost
The role is working Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm
The successful candidate will be based out of our client’s head office in North West London.
To apply please send an up to date CV in the strictest confidence to Nicholas Elkin at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.
- Consumer Electronics
- Lighting Controls
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job