We are seeking a professional Hands-On Purchasing Manager to join a well-established and successful manufacturing client of ours in North West London (Wembley).
This could be an opportunity for someone to take that leap from Chief/Senior Buyer to Purchasing Manager.
Working in a fast-paced environment geared towards performance, where your individual contribution to the business is highly valued.
- Overall responsibility of the Purchasing function
- Manage the company spends - £8 to £10M per year (electronics components, moulded parts, and some subcontract services)
- Manage a team of 3 on a daily basis
- Ensure the department is ran smoothly and the team meets the production requirements, including MRP schedules, stock rules, forecasting/planning
- Planning combining our MRP system (Syspro) and Microsoft tools
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers, ensuring a high quality of materials at all the times
- Liaising with Production, R&D and Accounts to meet the business goals
- Ensure on-time delivery to avoid Line stops due to material shortage
- Identify and solve potential issues within the department
- Buying from mainline distributors and direct from OEM suppliers
- Monitoring the overall inventory and safety stock levels
- Action NPI’s requirements together with our Project and Production Managers
The ideal candidate will have experience in the electronics and manufacturing industry, be able to manage and supervise the Purchasing Department, working closely with other departments and being able to maintain relationships with our suppliers.
- Team leader
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of the department
- Capable of putting both the financial interest of the Company and its Customers foremost
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.