iRecruit Partners are currently working with a well-established and successful company based in North West London who are looking for a Purchasing Manager/Chief Buyer to join their team.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment geared towards performance, where we value the contribution of every individual.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the electronics and manufacturing industry, be able to manage and supervise the Purchasing Department, working closely with other departments and being able to maintain relationships with our suppliers.
- Overall responsibility of the Purchasing function
- Manage the company spends - £8 to £10M per year (electronics components, moulded parts, and some subcontract services)
- Manage a team of 3 on a daily basis
- Ensure the department is run smoothly and the team meets the production requirements, including MRP schedules, stock rules, forecasting/planning
- Planning combining our MRP system (Syspro) and Microsoft tools
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our suppliers, ensuring a high quality of materials at all times
- Liaising with Production, R&D and Accounts to meet the business goals
- Ensure on-time delivery to avoid Line stops due to material shortage
- Identify and solve potential issues within the department
- Buying from mainline distributors and direct from OEM suppliers
- Monitoring the overall inventory and safety stock levels
- Action NPI’s requirements together with our Project and Production Managers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Team leadership
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fluent in English
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Able to take ownership and responsibility of the department
- Capable of putting both the financial interest of the Company and its Customers foremost
SALARY AND HOURS:
- You will also be eligible for an end of year bonus.
- This is a full time (40hrs), permanent position Monday to Friday.
- Team Leader