An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with purchasing experience to join a market leading organisation based in Somerset as a Purchasing Executive. Reporting into the Group Operations Manager, you will be supervising the administration of the purchasing process, liaising with suppliers and maintaining stock levels across the company.
In the role you'll:
* Propose, and seek approval of, purchase orders to be placed with suppliers, whilst fulfilling all customers' requirements, whilst remaining in line with company stockholding strategy.
* Liaise with the Product Development team on price and product queries.
* Communicate with the wider team on relevant supply detail
* Ensure that the purchase order detail on Sage is accurate and updated on time
* Receive relevant training to develop your skill & knowledge track transport rates and maintain the agreed review documents so that shipping and transport costs can be kept to a minimum.
* Communicate professionally with suppliers, creating & maintaining strong working relationship
* Excellent IT and communication skills,
* A positive attitude towards achieving tasks.
* Experience in a Purchasing environment
* A working knowledge of MRP systems and Sage 200 would be desirable
* Part or full CIPS qualification, with the desire to develop existing skills to achieve further internal progression.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'