Salary: to £22k
Hours: 9am-6pm Monday- Friday
We are looking for a Purchasing Executive to join a well-established Technology company in Verwood. The successful applicant will be joining a growing Purchasing and Product team and take responsibility for both customer and supplier interaction and negotiation, administration support and internal account management.
The successful candidate will be articulate with an excellent telephone manner and possess effective communication skills, whilst working in an accurate and organised manner. Previous purchasing experience as well as good negotiation skills are essential as this person will be managing relationships and purchasing stock for their given product groups.
Duties will be varied and include:
- Communicating with suppliers, internal depts. and customers over the telephone and via email.
- Managing stock levels and addressing aged stock promptly and effectively
- Placing orders and possibly negotiating prices
- Producing reports and statistics as well as managing stock records on an in house system
- Forecasting levels of demand for products and services
- Maintenance of stock records on the company’s system
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required and an understanding of PC components would be advantageous but not necessary as training will be provided. In addition, strong analytical skills are essential as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will also be commercially astute and have a confident, mature attitude with good negotiation and social skills.
- Purchasing Processes