Located in central London, Lion Travel International Service is a newly opened operation office under Lion Group based in Taiwan, which founded in 1977 as a top Taiwanese Travel and Leisure brand. Aim for utilizing comprehensive advantages in client, channel and brand by actively participate in destination management, extend the service chain, enrich the supply of unique and high quality travel components, and improve the customer experience.
As a Purchasing Executive, you will be building relationships with suppliers, placing travel groups, negotiating the best possible rates to ensure your clients have the best possible travel experience.
- Contacting travel suppliers by phone, email or fax in order to discuss present and future reservations
- Select appropriate contracts and non-contracted travel product according to sales requirements
- Process bookings and inputting travel details/rates
- Negotiate rates and conditions such as cancellation and payment policies
- Produce accurate documents/reports
- Dispute handling
- Process deposits/refunds
- Negotiate book outs, compensations and cancellation charges when needed
- Load and update tours onto the company's database Contract and negotiate product content
- Analyse feedback and recommendations from previous tours.
- Co-ordinating activities with other departments to ensure maximum exposure and sales.
- Incident management on tour, support and advise tour manager where needed or raise to crisis team.
- Ensure internal system is updated with latest arrangements and amend when needed.
- Check and organise tour budgets, including create tour cost sheets, load into company system.
- Operating group tours and being the point of contact for the tour manager when the group is travelling
- Liaising daily with hotels, transport companies, restaurants, guides and other tourism suppliers
- Overseas travel for recce trips, meet suppliers, attend trade shows.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Understanding of another language preferred but not essential .
- Someone with outstanding time management and organisation skills
- Preferred negotiation, customer service and problem-solving abilities
- Sound knowledge of MS office applications
- Previous experience within travel/hospitality industry; admin/retail/logistics experience will be considered
- Ability to handle field operation as requested and be on call after business hours for urgent matters during tour groups’ itinerary
- Applications can only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us immediately. Should your skills and qualifications be suitable for the position applied for (or similar positions), we will contact you as soon as possible. In the event there are no positions currently available that match your skills and qualifications, we may hold your details on our database and contact you in the future should a suitable vacancy arise.