A leading business based in Wokingham is looking to take on a candidate who would like to work within Purchasing. Within this entry level/trainee role you will be brought on board to initially do the admin for the purchasing team and then in time, once you've been trained, you will be given more responsibilities.
The role holder will eventually be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of parts as determined by the stock planning tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring supplier relations are both maintained and monitored. You will also assist in daily purchasing activities to meet the needs of the department and supporting the Purchasing Supervisor to meet department objectives.
- Be available as a point of contact within the department, assisting with queries and offering relevant advice/information/knowledge where applicable
- Continuously maintain up to date knowledge on pricing and products from all available resources
- Source parts for the replenishment of minimum stock levels, with the objective to source, order and deliver (NBD) to meet the SLA agreements under specific customer contracts
- Manage and maintain allocated sourcing requests against all provided forms.
- Source parts using available tools, resources and Company data taking ownership from initial purchase quote stage through to purchase order delivery
- Ensure that all orders are tracked with couriers and shipping companies, using available tools and resources and details are updated accurately on the internal systems
- Manage and maintain communication of purchase delivery dates to the relevant internal departments
- Ensure that internal activities are in line with the current sales and requirement trends and that previous pricing data is used to buy smarter
- Take ownership of specific delegated tasks set by the Purchasing Supervisor, ensuring that objectives and targets are met in a timely manner
- Ensure that all incoming communications are either expedited, delegated or escalated to with particular emphasis on external and internal purchasing related calls
- Carry out any such other duties from time to time required by the Company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in supplier communications and day to day team relationships
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team but also show strong initiative in making decisions and solving problems
- Good Microsoft office knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritise your own workload and to work to tight deadlines and also to work within a team
Salary up to £18k, 23 days holiday, free parking
Interviews are being conducted on and after the 30th October.
- Data Entry
- Office Administrator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'