Purchasing Executive (Maternity Cover) 6-9 month contract
Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced industrial weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries.
They are a solutions provider to the major retail industry for Point of Sale products.
They produce weigh price labelling equipment for a wide range of food processing environments; from the red meat sector to poultry, fish, vegetables, dairy, bakeries and ready meals, including many different classifications of world industry from leading industrial corporations to small local retail supply outlets.
They have been at the forefront of weigh price labelling technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world’s leading global food processing and distribution companies.
Reporting to theProcurement and Supplier Manager the Purchasing Executive will be responsible for monitoring material levels, identifying requirements for goods, materials and services, placing orders, reporting to the Procurement & Supplier Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage stock of components and finished goods, tracking WIP/product configuration.
- Take responsibility for running MRP, updating lead times and standard costs, ensuring purchase orders are processed accurately and submitted on-time.
- Manage suppliers and identify new suppliers, obtaining best price, quality and lead time.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on material levels to optimise production.
- Take ownership of all indirect purchases such as stationary, software, office equipment
- Manages safety stocks, highlights and resolves shortages, ensuring optimum inventory.
- Identify areas for cost-saving, targeted inventory reduction or to improve efficiency.
- Provide periodic analysis and reports on a variety of areas such as purchasing performance.
- Produce accurate, periodic supplier forecasts to key internal and external suppliers.
- Work with all areas of the business where necessary to enhance working practices.
- Manage other tasks related to the management of materials or purchasing.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- Experience in a supply chain planning role within a manufacturing environment is ideal.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application.
- Experience working with MS Dynamics NAV would be highly beneficial but not compulsory.
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Flexibility of approach and receptive to changing priorities.
- Good appreciation of the differing cultures within the Company and wider organisation, with the confidence to navigate the political challenges in a constructive manner.
- Positive outlook with a focus on personal development.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Focussed and output driven.
The above are the minimum requirements to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Purchase Orders
- Stock Control
- Cost Saving Initiatives
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'