My client, a successful global brand just outside Chester now has an exciting opportunity, for a conscientious, detail-focussed Head of Purchasing to lead and develop a dynamic Purchasing department. Applicants must have excellent negotiation skills and be focussed in their approach. This position involves driving a Purchasing strategy with multiple teams across the business to plan and meet demand.
The Head of Purchasing will oversee a team to ensure excellent inventory management, budgeting and vendor selection. They are key to developing and implementing effective strategies related to all purchasing functions. The role involves analysing key vendors to mitigate Supply Chain risk and implementing effective vendor diversifying strategies. Liaising closely with other departments, you must have effective communication skills are a must to develop throughout the team.
The Supply Chain team plays an important role in ensuring excellent stock fulfilment, planning and processes. This role would suit an experienced individual looking to work for a dynamic, forward thinking company.
- Evolve, develop and build future Purchasing strategies and teams to achieve business objectives and operational requirements
- Overseeing effective inventory management to balance business liquidity and support sales and marketing goals
- Managing supplier relationships and negotiating with key suppliers on pricing and contracts
- Implementing sourcing strategies to support product development requirements
- Reporting and analysing key purchasing and stock trends to contribute to continuous improvement
- Leading and ensuring strong communication between teams and departments to facilitate information transfer
- Assessing systems in place to develop efficient working methods throughout the department
- Lead, mentor and motivate the team ensuring that KPI’s are met and exceeded
- Build a KPI program that develops a strong team for the future with a multi skilled focus
- Must have experience of working in a similar senior purchasing/supply chain management role
- Must have extensive experience in delivering and implementing effective Purchasing strategies
- Proven leadership and team management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Able to demonstrate new ideas, analysing and evaluating the department
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or consumer business would be preference
- Possess excellent analytical, organisational skills, and a strong attention to detail
Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and be able to work individually or in a team
- Advanced proficiency with: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work in a multi-tasking, deadline driven, fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent goal setting, analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, confident, and innovative
£Competitive Salary up to £60k basic, depending on experience
22 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing to 25 days)
Hours 8.30am-5pm (flexible), flexible home working/office based TBC
- Supply Chain Management
- Team Management
- Purchasing Processes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'