Acme Facilities Group (Blackburn Lancashire)Purchasing Coordinator
We are the Acme Facilities Group. We provide outstanding catering, refrigeration and support solutions provider for customers throughout the UK. Acme are trusted by over 1000 clients, from large well-known brands through to independent businesses and public bodies. With over 50 years’ experience, we’re renowned for our contemporary projects, excellent service and un-rivalled industry knowledge.
Applications are invited for a Purchasing Co-ordinator. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to assist in the day to day operations of the procurement team, servicing the requirement of the Service and Installations department. Ensuring that Reactive & PPM Quotes are processed to meet the both KPI & profit margin requirements of internal and external customers.
Other key duties include but not limited to:
- To ensure the correct parts/equipment are identified, quoted & ordered on behalf of the service department in a timely manner subject to contractual agreements.
- Manual handling of goods of varying weights and sizes with the aid of mechanical aids or manually from delivery vehicles in a timely manner.
- Build professional relationships with suppliers to aid negotiation of discounts on product purchases.
- Use the necessary IT systems to process company documents and paperwork in a timely and organised manner.
- Maintain a professional attitude when dealing with customers, suppliers and Acme employees.
- Working closely with colleagues so that workload is managed effectively to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
- Ensures that company paperwork is collated, recorded so that accurate records can be maintained with reference to warranty returns, goods received notes and stock issuing documents.
- To complete necessary paperwork involved in the reception of good and the where necessary the allocation of goods to customers.
- Assist with van stock checks at appropriate times of the year or on request to maintain the company stock levels and records accordingly.
- Carry out the necessary van replenishment checks & report on any changes to the service management so that accurate and up to date stock levels can be maintained.
- Work closely with the accounts & service and maintain working practices are followed in accordance with company procedures.
- Health and Safety procedures are followed strictly.
You will be:
- Dependability, reliability and ability to produce work of high quality.
- Good personal organisation, ability to organise self and work with others in the team.
- Ability to use own initiative/skills/knowledge along with those of the team to deal with situations as they arise.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and reach effective decisions quickly.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- Ability to communicate via various means both written and verbally. Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"