REED Procurement & Supply Chain are exclusively working with one of our well-established manufacturing clients in Newcastle on the appointment of a Purchasing Assistant vacancy on a full-time temporary ongoing basis.
This role will work Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30 with a half an hour lunch.
This position is offering £10.25 - £12.82 per hour DOE and would be paid on a weekly basis.
The role will be temporary in the first instance but could be made permanent.
To assist the procurement department and support internal stakeholders throughout the full procurement process.
To help the procurement team to ensure that the business has a constant supply of materials goods & services whilst ensuring that company procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Provide procurement service for goods, services and any other items as directed by persons within the procurement team.
- Purchase of consumable stocks, including sourcing suppliers, requesting prices, analysing quotations, placing orders, ensuring prompt delivery and monitoring of supplier performance, within limits of authority
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Ensuring supplier compliance with requirements including but not limited to: agreement to Quality, Safety, Cost, On-time delivery, technical compliance, T&C’s, Order Acknowledgements and weekly reporting.
- Resolution of any invoice queries.
- Issue weekly/monthly reports as required by Management e.g. cost, savings, spend history & trend reports
- Ensuring supplier information and data held in TU files is up to date.
- Assist shipping coordinator in case of absence with preparation of documentation for shipping of goods and arrangements for shipment.
- Department general administrative tasks
- At least 1 year experience working in a Purchasing role
- Manufacturing / Engineering background desirable
- Strong administrative skills
- Good communicator and confident speaking on the phone and dealing with telephone queries
This is an ASAP start with a brilliant business in a fast-paced Purchasing department. Interviews to take place on Thursday 20th February 2020!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'