Purchasing Assistant | Scunthorpe | Progressive career opportunity
Supporting the Purchasing Manager of this growing and award winning group of companies based in Scunthorpe. As the purchasing assistant you will be working as part of a team to deliver the commercial purchasing for all of the company's expenditure with suppliers. This position will ideally suit a purchasing professional looking to continue their career with in Purchasing and wanting to continue or start your CIPS qualifications.
Key Experience & Skills for the Purchasing / Buyer position:
- A background in purchasing in a similar senior role
- Strong negotiation skills, contract management experience and attention to detail
- Experience of MRP & Purchase Management systems
- Strong analytical, reporting & presentation skills
- Energetic, ambitious self-starter, able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and with a motivation to succeed
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to gain client trust through timely response and action
- Development and delivery of the purchasing strategy
- Continual review and improvements of processes, systems and reporting
- Meeting department KPI's
- Assist with and lead supplier negotiations
- Communicating with internal stakeholders
Ideally this opportunity will suit someone on short notice. Please forward to your CV for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'