Salary: £16,000 - £20,000
Our Client is a highly proactive engineering company that supplies to a worldwide customer base. They now have an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join their Salford based team
This opportunity is ideally suited to someone looking to take the next step in their Procurement career, with an industry leading business that have an outstanding reputation for developing their people! This role will report directly into the Purchasing Manager.
- Purchasing the company’s requirements of raw materials, components, sub-assemblies, equipment, consumables and services in the required quantity and quality at the most advantageous price and from engineering bill of material and purchase requisitions
- Obtaining quotes for all items purchased on site and negotiating best prices and price reductions where appropriate
- Raising orders for core materials via an approved supplier list on the computer system.
- Stock management in the stores with the assistance of Store Personnel
- Problem solving and progress chase of orders placed
- Attending weekly production operations meeting
- Working closely with sales and production to ensure correct materials are delivered on time to provide sufficient trading stock level.
- Setting up new suppliers on the computer system
- Supplier’s audit checks if and when necessary
- Previous purchasing experience is essential
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills particularly in Excel
In return our client offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress in a thriving business.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR8323
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'