Purchasing Assistant - Colindale NW London
Safety First Aid Group is the UK’s leading manufacturer and wholesaler of workplace first aid and safety products.
Do you want to work within a busy purchasing department, working closely with our suppliers in the UK and abroad, planning and scheduling deliveries of our products to ensure we offer our customers an exceptional level of service?
You must have a flexible, can do attitude, a strong work ethic and a sound commercial understanding.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with our overseas suppliers, placing purchase orders and organising inbound delivery to ensure a consistently high level of stock availability
- To drive efficiencies and identify cost reduction opportunities throughout our supply chain
- To undertake regular analysis and review minimum levels of stock, and re-order parameters to ensure orders are placed on time with overseas suppliers
- To run daily MRP and inventory planning reports to assist in the above
- With support from the Management Team, work closely with suppliers and build close working relationships ensuring all stock purchased at competitive prices and delivered in a timely manner
- To monitor supplier performance and maintain all supplier and product records to ISO standard
- To ensure that product costs are regularly updated and correct on the system
- Work closely with our nominated freight forwarder to organise all inbound deliveries
- To ensure that you maintain and promote health and safety awareness and comply with Company procedures relating to health and safety
- To liaise with Customer Service to ensure specific customer needs are met
- To perform other ad hoc duties to help ensure the business provides an excellent level of service to our customers
- High level of numeracy and in particular excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised
- Flexible with a Desire to learn and grow
- High level of integrity
- Team player who Builds relationships and engenders trust
- Fun to work with
- Able to work well under pressure
Competitive salary and package
If you feel that this opportunity is for you, please click Apply Now attaching a cover letter to support your application.
Please Note: In order to apply for this role, you MUST be currently living in the UK with full permission to freely live and work here already obtained (if required).
- Computer Literate
- Highly Numerate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'