Chase and Holland are working exclusively with a leading manufacturing business based in the Selby area of North Yorkshire who are seeking a proactive, driven Purchasing Assistant to join their growing procurement team. Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager and working closely with other departments, the Purchasing Assistant will play a role within the procurement team including:
- Supporting the Procurement Manager and Senior Buyer in delivering the most effective procurement strategy
- Managing relationships with suppliers and reporting supplier KPI's
- Liaising with suppliers to expedite orders
- Liaising heavily with various stakeholders - both internal and external
- Continually driving process and procedural improvements
The ideal Purchasing Assistant will;
- Be self-motivated, determined and be driven to develop within the role
- Have strong attention to detail and be IT literate including Microsoft Excel
- Be well organised and able to prioritise
- Ideally be educated to GCSE standard as a minimum
- Have purchasing experience preferably in manufacturing
In return, our client is offering a chance to work in a very progressive environment with a great remuneration package and the opportunity to add real value to a business. This is a great opportunity to work in an interesting workplace and play a key role in a growing company with great work ethics. CIPS sponsorship will be offered for the right candidate.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance, Supply Chain, HR and IT recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'