Historically a global packaging manufacturer specialising in a range of paper and plastic based packaging products selling to a range of industries including food, non-food and retail. Over the last 5 years the company has evolved to now include consolidation, offering blue-chip organisations the opportunity to amalgamate their GNFR spend through one service-focussed solution provider. Based in the Midlands, we are looking to recruit a Category Assistant to join their existing Purchasing team.
- To manage all of the day to day enquiries, queries and admin tasks within the category, providing other departments within the business with accurate information in a timely manner.
- Providing support to the category manager & wider department with any project or reporting work that arises, ensuring all timescales are met and work is done to the required standard.
- Researching the market and supply base at sub-category level and keeping records of the information gathered. Keeping up to date with any relevant legislation or global developments.
- Requests for pricing - Complete RFP enquiries accurately and within defined timescales.
- Data - Ensure data regarding product, suppliers etc is set up and maintained accurately.
- Account support - Be the first point of contact for the account support functions
- Reports - Generate and maintain departmental and category specific reports eg. Category spend/margin, Raw Material tracking.
- Meetings - Attend supplier meetings, prepare pre-meeting reports with KPI trackers and take and file minutes.
- New suppliers - Research, assess and make initial contact with potential new suppliers, updating the supplier intelligence matrix.
- Samples - Organise and label supplier samples rotating new/obsolete to make sure storage is available at all times.
- Sub Category Management - Take ownership of a sub-category, producing a cost saving plan and undertaking tender activity.
- Market research - Gather market data to be included in the category plans.
- Projects - Provide support with any category or departmental project work.
- Tenders - Provide the necessary support with tenders to ensure they are delivered on time and in line with the agreed strategy.
- Assist stock control - Provide first line support to stock control with any out of stock issues.
- Cost savings and rebates - Help the category/department meet cost saving/rebate targets at any opportunity.
- Negotiation Skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Prioritisation Abilities
- Ability to self-manage
- Two years’ minimum in a purchasing/buying role dealing directly with overseas suppliers.
- This is a fast paced environment and attention to detail is paramount, as is the ability to communicate with people internally and externally on all levels.
- Experience of using SAP beneficial, but not essential.
- Second language would be of benefit.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job