Chase and Holland are working with a fantastic international manufacturing business based in East Yorkshire who are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant to join their Purchasing team. This is a very exciting opportunity for an individual who has at least 2 years Procurement/ Supply Chain experience and is looking to continue their career in Purchasing. The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for the Procurement of materials and services to support production and engineering.
Key duties of the Purchasing Assistant will include:
- Continuously liaising with stakeholders across the business to assess demand
- Processing RFQs and purchase orders to suppliers in accordance with the organisations procedures
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Procurement activities
- Maintaining and updating of purchasing data on the ERP system (SAP)
- Sourcing new suppliers for goods and services to achieve best value and quality
- Building and maintaining good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Processing payments and invoices
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings and implementing improvements
This is a full time permanent role that will suit an individual who is comfortable engaging a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
Who should apply?
- You must have at least 2 years buying experience
- A High level of computer literacy is essential
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP or similar) would be advantageous
- Total familiarity with MS word, Excel and Outlook is necessary
Excellent communication skills are essential in this role as you will be interacting with various stakeholders - both internal and external.
This is a great business, who really value their employees and will offer great support and development opportunities for the successful Purchasing Assistant.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.