The Procurement division of SF Group are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant for our client in Northamptonshire.
As the Purchasing Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring the effective supply and management of the raw materials to their sites within the UK. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing safety stock requirements whilst liaising with other teams such as Planning and Customer Services to agree and implement changes
- Place orders are required with agreed suppliers, and review and raw material requirements
- Agree delivery dates, obtain quotes and manage the database in regards to Suppliers
- Identify and issues with delivery of raw materials, and work to resolve these issues with other members of the business
- Assist as the Buyers as required
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years within a similar role and have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proactive and confident
- Strong organisational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
This is a permanent position paying up to £22,000 per annum, benefits include:
- Pension (5%)
- Holiday of 22 days plus bank holidays, which can increase up to 26 due to service
- Private medical care
- £50 Voucher on your Birthday
Working hours are Monday- Friday (37.5 hours per week) with an early finish on a Friday.
If this sounds like you then please call Alice Wright on for more information, or apply below.