Purchasing Assistant Telford £17,000 - £18,000 Permanent
Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a renowned manufacturing company based in Telford who are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join there team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
As Purchasing Assistant. Reporting to the Purchasing manager the main purpose of job role will involve procurement and support of the purchasing manager with daily administration functions. Key tasks:
- Reviewing outstanding order reports and chase supplier to deliver on time.
- Review current shortages and liaise with Production and Sales.
- Book in foreign deliveries.
- Process MRP system and place orders with domestic and foreign suppliers.
- Track and process foreign orders.
- Supplier returns.
- Process weekly call off orders from suppliers.
- Report current purchasing status when required in meetings.
- Supplier negotiations.
- Vising current and potential suppliers.
- Prepare relevant information for exports.
- To become an integral member of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good IT skills, Inc. Excel, Word and Outlook. Previous Microsoft NAV experience would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills.
- Foreign import experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Manage ongoing rapport with suppliers and colleagues.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job