Purchasing Assistant Temporary on going contract
Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (Temporary Ongoing Contract)
Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary: Negotiable Salary & Excellent Corporate Benefits Package
Hours: 37 Hours Per Week Monday To Friday
To provide proactive support to the Procurement function ensuring that materials are expedited in accordance with company procedures, To provide administrative support to the Procurement function in the preparation and handling of all related documentation and reports
• Expediting orders in accordance with required dates and procedures.
• Purchase order book management ensuring all purchase orders confirmed within agreed lead times and dated accurately within the system.
• Collate and report key performance measures daily on time delivery
• Monitor supplier performance via KPI.
• Assist internal customer with all RFQ’s and maintain price files within IFS.
• Investigate relevant invoice queries
• Work to achieve company and departmental targets and objectives at all times.
• Act within legal requirements and commercial best practices at all times with sound integrity and professionalism.
• Adopt and maintain the correct Company processes and procedures at all times ensuring consistency of approach throughout the organisation.
• Maintain the highest levels of commercial confidentiality in all aspects of employment.
• To continually look for ways to improve all aspects of the role to maximise personal contribution and impact.
• To provide all internal customers with an effective service at all times.
• Must have SAP purchasing processes
• Buying knowledge and awareness
• Supplier management
• Must be able to relate to people at all levels and display a professional approach in all internal and supplier relationships.
• Excellent communication, administration, analytical and numeracy skills
• Experience implementing PFEP and Material Replenishment Systems (MRS)
• Conscientious and self motivated
• Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Well organized and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to work using own initiative and be able to prioritise workload.
• Accurate data inputting skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to readily accept change.
• Goes the extra mile to ensure the job is done correctly and the customer’s expectations are met.
• All tasks are undertaken with due regard for the health and safety
Our client is a global engineering manufacturing company. They are the leader in their field and recognised globally for their products, service, technical ability, engineering, design, innovation, R&D and manufacturing systems. With clients across the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising & transportation markets they have a wide influence spectrum & reach. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive & forward thinking organisation that can provide projects that will excite, challenge & push you to drive both the role & yourself to the next level. In return for this they can offer exciting career opportunities & development within a professional environment.
HEADS Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent staff and an employment business for temporary workers. We recruit for roles based in Engineering, Technical, Warehousing, Manufacturing, Office, Logistics and Industrial.
View our latest jobs today on our website www.heads-uk.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'