Our well established client is looking to recruit for a ''Purchasing Assistant''
Salary - £18,000
Hours Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm 1hr Lunch
23 Days holiday plus bank holidays
The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for assisting all members within the Purchasing Department with their daily activities as well as having responsibility for administrative functions within the Department.
They will be responsible for managing their daily workload with the ability to prioritise and organise and must be able to use their initiative.
They must work closely with other members of the Purchasing Department to ensure all objectives are consistently met.
• To raise and amend where necessary purchase orders on vendors as requested by Sales, Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager
• To ensure all orders are acknowledged and loaded on system in a timely & efficient manner
• Ensure all acknowledgements are checked against the purchase order
• Expediting orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates whilst using initiative to pull forward or push back orders in line with company requirements
• Maintenance of the alloy surcharges on system
• Maintenance of supplier approvals, liaising with the QA Dept
• Distributing vendor delivery performance reports and follow up poor performing vendors
• Assisting with the administrative aspects of managing large requests for quotation packages
• Sense check and release of Buyout and Directs
• Set up and management of items on system for all districts
• Circulation of monthly reports
• Set up of new vendors on system for all districts
• Scanning of Purchase request forms and Acknowledgments
• Monitoring and managing the Purchasing Group Inbox
• Responsible for the re-order of both stationary and warehouse consumables
• Ongoing Purchasing Projects i.e. PO Comments Tidy Up
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Educated to a Secondary School level or above with a minimum of 5 GCSEs which should include English and Math.
• 1 year plus administration experience.
Ability to read and comprehend concepts of moderate to high difficulty and ability to communicate responses and actions related to these concepts.
• Numerical skills - to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to freely determine ratios.
The ability to generate graphic representations of data is required.
• Ability to work effectively with common PC programs such as spreadsheets (Excel) and word processing (Word), existing MRP systems experience (desirable but not essential).
Ability to learn mainframe program