Wild Harvest is a leading fine food specialist, distributing premium foods to discerning customers around the UK since 1993. We are a critical part of the Fresh Direct Group; a set of four food brands brought together to offer the foodservice industry the most comprehensive fresh food supply offer on the market. We have flourished by providing the very best seasonal foods to some of the UK's top chefs. Our team of experts are committed to offering the highest levels of care and flexibility that's demanded by London's finest eateries.
Scope of the Role
This is an exciting key role at Wild Harvest, reporting to the General Manager, you will manage all day to day purchasing and supply chain functions for our 24hr operation. You will have your own key categories to buy for, and a portfolio of supplier partnerships to build. This role has the perfect balance of managing a small team, while still getting stuck in with the day to day sourcing the finest food products.
This is a key role within the Wild Harvest management team, where energy, cultural fit, excellent communication, and solid organisational and planning skills will be essential to be successful.
You will have autonomy to implement the changes to benefit the business quickly, and introduce you to a variety of amazing products and suppliers from across the globe.
• Ensure Wild Harvest is first to market with key seasonal and specialist product changes and new to market products
• Proactively search and source new fantastic supplier partners & product ranges
• Build key stakeholder supplier relationships
• Lead a small team of day and night buyers
• Own availability and drive FTA (First time availability)
• Driving down cost price in line with frequently changing markets
• Build a close working relationship with finance & accounts team members to ensure a robust network of suppliers is available at all times
• Previous experience in Supply chain/purchasing ideally within a food service environment.
• Commercially focussed, displaying a customer centric approach " with strong customer skills and interaction with customers at all levels
• Performance based approach to delivering through people
• Tenacious approach to delivery, quality of output and organisation
• Capable communication skills " handles complex and difficult situations with thought and confidence
• Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
• Ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'