Purchasing and Student Fees Officer (Maternity Cover)
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The University College of Osteopathy (UCO) has 450 undergraduate students studying for a Master of Osteopathy (M.Ost.) as well as 50 postgraduate students. Student fees are the UCO’s main source of income - other income streams include fundraising, room hire and CPD courses.
The UCO also spends around £2m per annum using its purchase order system and this expenditure is monitored closely through its budgeting processes and procedures.
There are two main roles of the post:
1. to maintain procedures for the collection and monitoring of student fees as well as other sources of income and;
2. to deliver the purchasing requirements of the UCO, ensuring purchases provide best value for money and are delivered in a timely fashion.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• A-level, or equivalent qualifications, with administrative experience
• A pleasant and confident manner for communicating and liaising with a wide range of people on a daily basis
• A broad knowledge of student finance in Higher Education • Able to work well as a member of a team
• Good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
• Enthusiastic, flexible, resourceful and able to prioritise own workload
• Highly numerate, presenting tables and figures informatively
• Ability to keep accurate and up-to-date records
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good IT skills, with a working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word as well as experience using databases and other computerised systems.
Desirable (Non-Essential) Knowledge & Skills
• Experience of working in the education sector
• Previous training courses to support 'essential’ attributes
• Previous experience of using Sun Systems
- Purchase Order
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'