Cathedral Appointments are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing and Production Planner for an award-winning food company based just outside of Exeter, Devon. Working for a busy, family ran food manufacturer, this is a fast paced and varied role working alongside the Managing Director.
The main responsibility of the Purchasing/Production Planner is to provide detailed, daily plans for the production facility so that production can completed on time and in full. As well as this you will be tasked with building successful, working relationship with key suppliers and customers to help the business make a significant savings and support the smooth running of the supply chain.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Managing raw material stock levels within agreed targets.
- Create and issue daily production plans.
- Ensure materials and packaging are supplied for planned production.
- Maintenance of MRP system to ensure accurate data.
- Responsible for placing orders and obtaining estimates and quotations.
- Complete purchase orders on all live materials, dealing with multiple suppliers simultaneously.
- Ensure all non-deliveries/outstanding orders are rectified.
- Establish professional and productive relationships with all suppliers and customers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Food manufacturing experience, preferably in a fast-paced short shelf life environment.
- Purchasing experience within a food environment is essential.
- Great planning ability with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude.
- IT literate with specific experience using Excel and MRP systems.
- The ability to work well with others, cross functionally to ensure the smooth running of the business is essential
Full training will be provided to get you up to speed with the company’s requirements. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
For more information about this fantastic opportunity and on how to apply please send an up to date CV and quick cover letter to Dan at Cathedral Appointments. Alternatively give me a call anytime.