We are currently seeking a Purchasing and Logistics Manager to manage a small team in the Lancing area.
You’ll need to have experience of Purchasing at a Senior level, including trading internationally, ideally having worked with Suppliers in the Middle East and Far East.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Keep a constant check on stock levels
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Process payments and invoices
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Attend meetings and trade conferences
- Train and supervise the work of other members of staff
You will need to have purchasing experience, teamed with people management experience and knowledge and experience gained within international trade, particularly working with suppliers in the Middle East and Far East.
The salary is circa £35k dependent on experience.
First Recruitment Services Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
- International Trade
- Management Experience
- Supplier Negotiation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job