This role is a fixed term contract until the end of Feb 2021 with the potential to extend further. The Scientific Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for assisting the purchasing of all the materials and supporting with any facility needs. You will liaise with the scientists, warehouse and purchasing contacts to ensure that consumables are purchased in a timely manner to maintain a strong supply into the laboratories.
Our client are helping to dramatically increase the number of coronavirus tests that take place each day to support the national effort against the coronavirus pandemic. We are looking for a Purchasing Administrator with previous experience who can hit the ground running and isn't afraid to get involved with a number of different tasks. Previous experience within life sciences is beneficial.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day purchasing of consumables including problem and issue resolution
- Liaise with key laboratory coordinators to determine their needs in terms of consumption and new items
- Research and identify alternative products that meet laboratory specifications where required
- Manage third party suppliers
- Carry out all ad hoc administrative tasks on a daily basis
We are looking for a Purchasing Administrator with the following skills:
* Knowledge of supply chain
* Self starter with a positive mindset and can-do approach
* Able to build constructive relationships with using good communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Computer literate (Microsoft Excel, Word Access)
Experience of working in a scientific or technical environment is beneficial but not essential
Prior procurement experience is beneficial but not essential
Mon - Fri
Alderley Edge (Wilmslow, Macclesfield)
09:00 - 17:00 or 08:00 - 16:00
Free lunch, What more could you ask for!
- *purchasing* *administrator*
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'