Reporting to: Office Management Team
Based: Crayford Offices
Hours of Work: 08.00 - 17.00
Salary: Starting on £19,000 - £23,000K depending on experience and qualifications
JDS require an experienced Administrator to deal with a variety of duties joining a busy team in Crayford to work alongside our current staff and reporting to our Office Managers.
The successful candidate must have previous experience in a role of purchasing and dealing with suppliers, engineers and clients alike. The role will also take on the vehicle fleet management.
The chosen candidate may be required to work additional hours to ensure works are completed to the time frames allocated.
The purpose of the role will be to work with JDS Suppliers, clients and JDS M&E engineering and fabric staff on site to maintain service delivery and quality of service as per our contract with a pro-active approach.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Purchasing - dealing with suppliers, obtaining quotations and negotiating best prices, following through orders with suppliers from PO to delivery insuring clients and teams are all updated with progress, resolving issues with orders and arranging returns, contacting clients by email and telephone.
Processing of supplier invoices, sending out daily parts update spreadsheet. Management of company mobile phones and IT equipment.
Fleet Management - process new vehicle procedure, keeping fleet spreadsheet up to date, collating driver check lists per month, scheduling vehicle swaps, scheduling MOT & Services, checking of dash cam video footage.
General office tasks
In time learning other roles within the office team therefore being able to provide holiday and sickness cover and additional support when required.
The Purchasing Administrator must ensure that Monthly KPI’s are met.
- Excellent administrative skills, communication and attention to detail
- First class IT - extensive knowledge of all Microsoft packages with an advanced level in excel. Note majority of this role is using Outlook and excel spreadsheets. Training for our internal system will be provided
- Ability to work on own with ability to work with a team when required
- Results and customer service focused
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Practically minded: able to roll sleeves up and get stuck in!
- Minimum one year’s experience in administration/purchasing role preferred.
- Purchasing/Vehicle Fleet experience desirable
- The Purchasing Administrator must be available to work overtime should it be required
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Experience in prioritising conflicting workloads
- Take responsibility - for tasks and responsibilities where as an individual or as part of the team
- Good financial awareness & Excellent data entry skills
Examples of specific tasks undertaken within this role (this list is not complete and should be used as examples for this job description):
- Reading extra work sheets supplied by engineers on the road, obtaining prices for materials or equipment as listed from at least three suppliers. Passing this information back to our office managers for quoting.
- Keeping clients up to date with planned deliveries - by telephone and/or email.
- Updating and sending out the Daily Parts Update, a spreadsheet indicating various information regarding outstanding orders. This is used by the Management team and is very important it’s correct and sent daily.
- Saving the company money - finding stock cheaper and keeping a spreadsheet of cost savings for the Management team
- Processing of invoices, making sure they match purchase orders and querying if they don’t.
- Maintaining the refrigerant records - matching in use logs to engineers completed documents and updating spreadsheets with the information that is a legal requirement.
- Resolving company mobile phone issues or setting up a new handset for a new user.
- The Purchasing Administrator must ensure the company vehicles spreadsheet is up to date at all times, that company vehicles are MOT/serviced as required
- Working Hours Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Paid overtime available
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme available
- Healthcare scheme available after two years
- 3 month probationary period
- Sociable company with regular events throughout the year
- Welcoming and staff friendly environment
- Progression and training available
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Purchase Orders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job