12 Month Fixed Term Contract Full Time
As an experienced Purchasing Administrator, you will be joining the team of an established business at its head office located in Leicester. You will have the chance to truly take ownership of your role and ultimately have an impact on your future. You will enjoy free parking, onsite restaurant and long term career progression.
The company is a leading business within their field with market leading products, offering a superior service supporting a number of high profile businesses worldwide.
As the Purchasing Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Commercial Manager. Providing purchasing process administration support for all procurement activities.
- You will need to have excellent problem solving skills and address inefficiencies within procurement processes and find the route cause.
- Daily communication with overseas suppliers.
- Build relationships internally with logistics, customer services, sales and warehouse operations.
- Manage stock levels.
- A proactive approach to improving administration processes is essential.
- You will be highly organised to manage all purchasing documentation.
- You will also deal with price queries and answer all incoming queries coming into the division, resolving issues promptly and effectively.
- Dealing with supplier invoice queries
- Daily use of Excel and in house operating systems
- Maintaining product and pricing information within various systems;
The successful Purchasing Administrator will have the following skills and experience:
- 12 months of working with a purchasing assistant or purchasing administrator or supply chain focused role essential to apply.
- Confident Microsoft Office user, in particular Excel.
- Experience of managing and improving administration processes and managing documentation.
- Confident to build relationships over the telephone and via email with internal and external contacts.
In return the Purchasing Administrator will receive a salary of £22,000 pa plus benefits. Please note that this role is initially a 12 month fixed term contract, however longer term employment may be available for the right candidate.
This is an urgent vacancy for our client, please do not delay your application.