Hunter’s client is a leading IT hardware manufacturer whose success is largely attributable to employing enthusiastic teams of qualified engineers throughout the operation. The Buyer role is to deliver an excellent and timely purchasing function enabling the business to fulfil customer requirements. Our client is looking for a proven track record within a purchasing/material control role in a technical environment. Also required is a demonstrable eye for detail, IT literacy, good communication and organisational skills.
Education should be to A level standard minimum.
08:30-5:00 Monday - Thursday; 8:30-15:45 Friday
Basic Salary £30K
Quarterly Bonus payment to agreed targets which can add an extra £2500pa
Private Health & dentistry benefit
Non Contributory Pension
25 days holiday + 8 days public holiday (increasing to 30 days after qualifying service)
- Work closely with the Sales team handling price & delivery enquiries in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Engineering teams to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Work with product specialist & sales to set and manage inventory levels to ensure that inventory profiles are maintained.
- Develop professional supply relationships internally and externally to continuously improve cost, quality and continuity of supply.
- Develop standard operational procedures to improve supply chain performance.
- Proven track record within a purchasing/material control role in a technical environment.
- Understanding of lean logistics philosophies and tools - Kanban etc.
- Clear communicator with excellent negotiation skills.
- Able to work unsupervised, act on own initiative and make decisions.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
Key Results Areas
- Supplier delivery performance
- Returns/quality issues
- Stock values and inventory turns
- Obsolescence costs