Join Bayer for a Better Life!
Challenge, create, inspire and shape: at Bayer you can do all of this.
Building on our rich heritage of scientific innovation, we harness our ingenuity to change the future. A Life Science organisation, Bayer enhances human, animal and plant wellbeing. It’s all made possible by a global community of amazing people, dedicated to making the world a better place. Are you an amazing person?
We are currently recruiting for a Purchaser to join our Crop Science team in Cambridge.
The tasks will involve the following:
• Work with Bayer Crop Science Business and suppliers executing operational day-to day purchasing (requisitioning and PO processing) services for assigned spend materials and services in the UK.
• Improve spend visibility and compliance by channelling demand under terms of preferred supplier contracts and catalogues ("Approved ways to buy") where possible.
• Create contracts and manage contract contents including electronic catalogues and outline agreements over lifecycle for approved suppliers.
• Conduct spot-buying for ad-hoc purchases not covered by contracts and drive simplification of current practices, with responsibility for purchaser order approval.
• Implement lean and standardized Purchase-to-Pay methods and processes and drive consistent compliant application in country.
• Handle daily supply issues along the Requisition-to-Pay process.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage supplier invoices issues with Accounts Payable Service Centre.
• Contribute to target achievement such as saving, working capital etc.
• Creation, approval and amendment of vendors in VMD database (using CURVE) following Procurement process. Close interaction with vendor, business and Local Sourcing.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in transactional procurement processes
• Experience in tactical purchasing, sourcing and/or administrative functions
• Strong systems knowledge SAP, Ariba
• Strong collaboration, influencing and communications and negotiation competencies
• High level of accuracy and numeracy
• Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
• Excellent inter-personal skills required
• Fluent in English
• Sound financial analytical evaluation and abilities