We are looking for a professional, highly organised Purchaser/Buyer with exceptional attention to detail to join our company. You must have a proven track record in a purchasing or other commercial negotiating environment, possessing strong influencing and negotiating expertise. You will be working as part of a team, but will also have a great deal of autonomy, taking ownership for delivery of a number of complex strategic, high-profile projects, effectively managing project risk and mitigation strategies through to project launch. You will be an outstanding communicator, both on the phone and in writing, and have the ability to converse at all levels both internally and externally, whilst developing relationship dynamics to react to changing market dynamics in the buyer/supplier relationships.
We offer a supportive environment and are committed to helping our people develop and progress in their career. If you have the relevant skills and experience and think you share our approach and our standard, we look forward to hearing from you.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Required Experience and Aptitudes
- Previous experience of launching new products or services.
- Highly organised and continually focused on attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to lead and drive a complex set of priorities/projects with minimal management supervision.
- Knowledge of MRP & MRPII Systems.
- A self-motivated attitude and a completing determination to succeed.
- A hands-on approach and a flexible mindset, able to solve problems and dive in to help others where needed.
- A committed, team-focused attitude to benefit the entire business.
- Experience of dealing with Steel and Plastics would be an advantage.
- Able to devise, manage and execute complex negotiations successfully.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Experience of dealing with global companies with high value revenue.
- Leadership of process improvement initiatives.
- Leadership of the development and implementation of cost models for use in negotiation.
- Experience of new supplier introduction desirable, but not essential.
In return we offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Microsoft Excel
- Project Risk
- Outstanding Communicator