Purchase to Pay Advisor - Financial Shared Service
Bury St Edmunds, SUFFOLK, IP33 1QT
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and
city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Financial Shared Services?
Financial Shared Service (FSS) is a 120-strong support function for all business units across Greene King. We consist of entry level transaction roles (e.g. Purchase ledger, Payroll, Credit control) to part-qualified and qualified Management Account roles. Each team has supervisory and managerial roles with a promote-from-within ethos, so for team members that reflect our Winning Ways, there is significant potential of career growth!
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Dealing with incoming calls and emails, reconcile statements, processing expenses. Help all suppliers and customers by solving any invoice or payment queries.
* Deal with email and phone queries related to P2P issues, payments, invoice processing, expenses, etc. in a timely manner
* Build excellent customer relationships with all levels of the business and suppliers
* Oversee the company's processes (orders, invoices, expenses, payments)
* Find if/where the process has failed and make the necessary steps to prevent future failings
* Reconcile statements
* Ad hoc tasks as requested
* Work well under pressure
* Meet deadlines and performance targets
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Ability to influence
* Team player
* Demonstrate core company values
* Intermediate Excel skills (Pivot, Vlookup, etc.)
* Knowledge of at least one ERP system preferred
* AP experience is essential
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experience in a medium/large company preferred
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Offsite parking