A leading Preparatory girl's school in West London is looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant for covering maternity leave. The purpose of the role is to assist the Finance Manager in providing to all staff a wide range of finance, clerical and administrative support. You MUST have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience of working in a school or educational setting is desirable.
The salary for this role is £15,00 which is the full time equivalent of £30,000 (£15.50 per hour)
This is a term time only role + 3 Weeks.
The hours are 8.30am - 4.30pm: 3 days per week (could be flexible however minimum of 22.5
hours per week)
Core Key Responsibilities:
- Placing orders as required by staff ensuring the best quality goods and prices are obtained.
- Monitor and follow-up the orders to ensure deliveries are made on time.
- Ensure all goods received are fit for purpose and follow-up with suppliers regarding any damaged or faulty items, arranging for goods to be returned.
- Maintain a list of preferred suppliers ensuring that discounts are obtained where appropriate.
- Match Purchase Invoices to Purchase Orders.
- Reconcile supplier statements to the Purchase Ledger and respond to telephone and e-mail queries from suppliers relating to payment dates of invoices.
- Booking of training courses and renewal of subscriptions as required by staff.
- Liaise with staff regarding transport requirements for trips and sports fixtures and organise the bookings, maintaining accurate and timely records of all bookings made.
- Responsibility for replacing ink and toners in all the schools printers and photocopiers, maintaining records to ensure sufficient stocks of toners are held.
- Maintenance of the school photocopiers ensuring any issues are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that orders are placed on a timely basis to keep the stationery cupboard well stocked.
- Liaise with Teaching Assistants on a weekly basis to ensure all the stationery orders for the next week have been placed to avoid any shortages of stock.
- Ensure all mail to be sent out from the school is franked and delivered to the local post office on a daily basis.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the opening of post and recording of cheques received.
- Assist the Receptionist with answering the telephone and with visitors (taking messages for staff and pupils) when the Receptionist is on break or busy.
Core Skills Required:
- Experience of working in a public facing role.
- Strong ICT skills including Word and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple requests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to establish and develop positive working relationships.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to respond flexibly and adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative
- An enjoyment of working in a varied and stimulating environment.
- Experience of working in a school or educational setting.
- A genuine interest in education.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job