This is the sole Billing role within the Commercial Finance Team. The key responsibility will be for ensuring that a neutral work in progress position is maintained by raising and sending client sales invoices at the earliest opportunity.
The Biller must also ensure that client contractual terms and conditions, WPP policies, SOX and statutory compliance are adhered to. The biller will work in a seamless partnership with the Commercial Analyst and Commercial Accountant to provide a valuable service to the business, ensuring the smooth running of the Finance Department by facilitating the resolution of issues and queries throughout the month.
This role is also responsible for ensuring that all members of the agency complete their timesheets weekly. Timesheets are a vital element in the smooth-running and ultimate success of the business.
The Finance function has time critical periods and it is the expectation that this role will be filled by an individual who is able to manage their, and others’, time effectively. Billing, reporting and other deadlines must be consistently met. Ad-hoc out of core hours may, on occasion, be necessary. However every effort and good time management should help make this infrequent.
This key position has a critical impact on the Net Working Capital position of the business. It provides great opportunities for someone who wants to make a career for themselves in Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Raise Client Sales invoices at earliest opportunity. Ensure invoices reach the associated Accounts Payable department on the day they are raised by either uploading them onto appropriate e-invoicing networks or emailing PDF copies
- Maintain a positive NWC position by proactively finding solutions to any issues which would prevent payment of invoices in a timely manner. Assist Commercial Analyst in resolving Debtor queries
- Monitor compliance with client contract terms, WPP/Ogilvy policies and statutory guidelines
- Processing of media purchase invoices and media billing in the media booking system (Data Valley).
- Ensure time sheets are submitted and approved weekly. Working with Commercial Analyst and Commercial Accountant to resolve queries
- Ensure a PO is obtained and Intercompany invoices are raised and sent by the monthly deadline. Liaise with counterparty to avoid Intercompany mismatches at month end
- Maintain a Purchase Order tracker for each client and inter-company entity
- Assist Commercial Analyst and Commercial Accountant to ensure that WPP policies around client setup, Job opening, Budget approval, Purchase orders and timesheets are adhered to by client service teams
- Develop effective working relationships with Account teams and finance colleagues
- Raise client credit notes as necessary, with back-up, sign off and client approval. Maintain the credit note register.
- Retain copies of expenses where required as back-up for billing.
- Liaise with FinancePlus to ensure that the Creditor ledger is free of queries, working to resolve those that arise in an accurate and timely manner
- Meet with FinancePlus on a monthly basis to analyse the month end Creditor report, providing a full commentary of all aged balances and obtain agency approval for SOX compliance
- Liaise with all Ogilvy employees to ensure supplier invoices are approved, taking responsibility for resolving and communicating queries to FinancePlus on a weekly basis
- Assist the Commercial Analyst in maintaining accurate records through the closing of superfluous POs monthly along with the prompt closure of fully complete and reconciled jobs
- Provide cover for other team members as and when they are out of the office
- Other Ad hoc tasks necessary to the smooth running of the Finance Department
- 2+ years of experience in similar role
- Good communication skills - able to talk to staff at all levels of organisation
- Familiarity with Maconomy Billing/WIP/Revenue recognition preferential but not essential
- Good attention to detail
- Well organised, proactive and able to manage own time
- Revenue Recognition
- Billing Process