Accounts Assistant - Purchase Ledger Clerk
To process and pay all suppliers invoices and employee expenses, across multiple currencies, within agreed credit terms.
To provide support to the Finance team as required.
This does not set out every responsibility but provides an overview of the main areas of responsibility.
- Timely log and code all invoices onto purchase register ready for approval.
- Prepare weekly BACS and cheque runs to pay suppliers and ad-hoc foreign payments
- Respond to any supplier queries promptly and professionally.
- Ensure that the purchase ledger is as up to date as possible at the month end.
- Enter and pay employee cash expenses and petty cash claims.
- Accurate posting of monthly company Barclaycard statements to nominal postings by end of each month.
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details
- Prepare Barclaycard accrual for month end.
- Prepare Purchase Ledger accrual for month end.
- Ensure transactions occurring in foreign currencies are regularly matched to ensure that any foreign exchange gains or losses are booked correctly.
- Process any ad-hoc payments which occur outside of the purchase ledger runs (e.g. reimbursements, claims etc)
- Administration and maintenance of the Vendor Management Programme.
- Review systems and processes and make improvements where necessary.
- Support Sales Ledger in the processing of cheques received and other duties as required.
- Liaise with internal and external audit members to enable an efficient and thorough audit.
- Ensure process documentation is kept up-to-date to enable others to perform your primary duties when cover is required.
- Ensure paper documents are archived on a regular basis.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as and when required by senior finance staff.
- Previous Purchase Ledger experience essential.
- Good knowledge of accounting software packages.
- Experienced in using Excel spreadsheets.
- Basic knowledge of VAT.
- High attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Displays a positive attitude at all times.
- Is a co-operative and adaptive team member.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Accounting Software
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- Meet Deadlines