Our highly prestigious client is a leader in their field with a global reputation. Through their innovation, they have become one of the fastest growing businesses in the UK. Due to this growth they are seeking a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join their team.
This fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and progressive organisation, offering a competitive salary and generous benefits package, which includes free parking, a subsidised canteen and pension scheme. As the Purchase Ledger Supervisor will have the opportunity to really make your mark and develop within this role, nurturing the Accounts Payable team and becoming an essential part of a developing division under your supervision.
The role is working in a large corporate environment as part of a Finance Department of 30, in which you will be responsible for supervising one Purchase Ledger Clerk.
As the Purchase Ledger Supervisor duties will include:
- As a Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will supervise a small purchase ledger team and take responsibility for multiple business entities.
- Responsible for all intercompany invoices, manage cash flow, reconcile nominal ledgers, review aged creditors and work with the procurement team.
- Responsible for supervising multiple Purchase Ledgers, with a total invoice volume of approximately 25000 per year.
- Supervising the Purchase Ledger team, ensuring they maintain high levels of accuracy when entering the invoices onto the Purchase Ledger.
- Management of the workload of Purchase Ledger Clerk, with an expectation that you will need to pitch in with invoice processing where necessary.
- Reporting of Purchase Ledger KPIs, ensuring KPIs and targets are met.
- Experienced Purchase Ledger Supervisor/Manager who is fully AAT qualified as a minimum
- Has excellent accounting knowledge and experience within a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of UK VAT is required, and ideally also experience of overseas VAT
- Excellent basic accounting knowledge essential (debits and credits) with experience of nominal ledger reconciliations
- Experience of supervising Purchase Ledger in a fast paced environment with a high volume and value of invoices
- Strong Numeracy and Good Microsoft Excel knowledge.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Accounts Payable Manager, Accounts Payable Supervisor, Purchase Ledger Manager, Purchase Ledger Team Leader, Accounts Payable Team Leader, Accounts Manager.
Commutable from: Stoke on Trent, Burslem, Hanley, Fenton, Longton, Stone, Stafford, Congleton, Crewe, Sandbach, Kidsgrove, Talke, Leek.
Salary: £30k to £35k per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region