Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Your new company
An established and reputable SME business based on the outskirts of Coventry.
Your new role
Working as a Purchase Ledger Supervisor you will be working in a hands on role whilst leading, motivating and supporting a purchase ledger clerk providing purchase ledger support for 2 business units.
Purchase ledger supervisor tasks
- Training and support for junior purchase ledger clerk
- Checking monthly pay run
- Raising ad hoc manual cheques as required
- Preparing documents for BACS run
- Monthly journal preparation and posting
- Maintaining full purchase ledger on SAGE
- Posting of bank payments
- Updating of MID for company vehicles
- Booking of ferries
- Paying vehicle tax
- VAT and intrastat
- Ad hoc tasks
Junior purchase ledger clerk tasks
- Business 1 - Purchase invoice/credits processed through internal authorisation then Sage (stamping, coding, paperwork matching, passing for signature then process)
- Business 2 - Purchase invoice/credits processed through internal authorisation then Sage (upon receipt from subsidiary, complete supplier A/C and check coding, pass for signature then process)
- Intercompany invoices through a wizard
- Fuel invoices (cars and lorries) - match receipts to invoices, pass for signature then process
- Logistics invoices - match to consignment notes, check figures, pass for signature then process
- Sort out invoice queries with suppliers
- Purchase ledger filing
- Preparation and production of end of month supplier payment runs, posting cheques
- Processing of purchase invoices through sage after paperwork matching invoices
- Checking sales reps expenses, advising on errors and posting onto sage
- Gas and electricity meter readings
- Adhoc administration
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in an Accounts Payable senior post, ideally supervising a team member and dealing with escalated queries.
What you'll get in return
A permanent role working with an established an experienced team, reporting directly into the Head of Finance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Purchase Ledger Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job