Role and Key Responsibilities:
Management and payment of supplier base in accordance with group and divisional policies to incorporate the following -
- Supplier invoices are scanned, processed and allocated to a manager for authorisation on ADP system on a timely basis. Ensure accurate recovery of input VAT.
- Management of invoice authorisation process.
- Timely and accurate passing of invoices to nominal, vehicles and subcontract liabilities as applicable.
- Communicate unauthorized invoice position week.
- Timely resolution of supplier queries with dealership and divisional management.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations in accordance with divisional policy.
- Manufacturer supplier statement reconciliations.
- Monthly supplier payment runs in accordance with divisional policy.
- Adhoc supplier payments as applicable.
- Minimise payments on account and unauthorized invoices.
- Timely closure of purchase ledger at month end in accordance with management accounts deadline
- Formal monthly review of aged creditors with market area accountant and divisional financial controller as appropriate.
- Management and creation of new supplier accounts and master creditors in accordance with group policy
- Management and control of purchase ledger team incorporating:
- Performance management and review.
- Annual appraisal and regular one to one reviews.
- Internal Audit compliance.
- Additional responsibilities as and when required in accordance with needs of business.
- Appropriate business and purchase ledger knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Issue resolution.
- Customer focus.
- Commercial acumen.
- Analytical with a high attention to detail.
- Issue resolution.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting and IT systems.
- Ensure that company core values are demonstrated at all times with colleagues and customers.
Direct report line to Market Area Accountant.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH PREVIOUS MOTOR RETAIL EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job