Purchase Ledger Supervisor 34-38k - London
Leading London based sports client requires a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join their finance function ASAP. The role will develop and manage a high performing Purchase Ledger team and in doing so, ensure the effective operation of the Purchase Ledger, payments to clubs and the efficient, accurate and timely processing of expense claims.
The Role -
- Manage the Purchase Ledger team ensuring that invoices and employee expenses are processed and paid in accordance with defined SLA’s.
- Develop and agree SLA’s and then monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) against these
- Assist the Finance Manager with overall cash management of the business by forecasting cash outflows and ensuring that suppliers are paid according to terms
- Ensure that queries regarding the payment of invoices and reimbursement of expenses are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Review reconciliations of monthly supplier statements to the balance reported in the purchase ledger
- Review payment runs ensuring that all disbursements are accompanied by supporting documentation
- Review intercompany reconciliations and implement a formal confirmation process
- Enforce the purchasing and travel expenses policies and propose changes as necessary
- Review and approval of all club funding payments
- Perform due diligence around new suppliers and ensure that all amendments are appropriately authorised
- Reconcile suspense accounts and ensure that items are cleared in a timely manner
- Maintain a system in conjunction with the Payroll department for the production and submission of appropriate P11D information and the computation of PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Control of cashbooks ensuring that payments are entered on a daily basis and that all transactions for both payments and invoices are captured in the Oracle ERP system
- Identify areas for efficiencies, drive continuous improvement and assist the Finance Manager in developing an integrated Purchase to Pay (P2P) process with the aim of achieving PLC control and operating standards
- Deputise for the Finance Manager when required
The Person -
- Purchase Ledger team management experience in a progressive environment dealing with high volumes of transactions and multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working with a recognised ERP system with integrated P2P process (Oracle Fusion Financial experience advantageous).
- Track record of building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel),and a recognised ERP system.
- Strong team player with a collaborative style who actively seeks partnership with colleagues to achieve shared results while leading by example.
- Cash Management
- Purchase Ledger