Leeds City Centre
Axon Moore are proud to be recruiting for a large retail business based in the Centre of Leeds.
The group has grown organically and through acquisition over the past 5 years and now stands as a market leader with an instantly recognisable brand name. You will be responsible for the Transactional team and process. As a Manager you will be responsible for the Ledger team, systems and processes; involved in all aspects of the ledger, team development and wider management. My client is keen to give you the opportunity and autonomy to create, change and upgrade processes, streamline reports and really bring the AP & AR teams into the 21st century. As the team grows you will spend less time working on the ledger and be more involved with projects across the business, giving you further development opportunities in the future.
- Supervision of the Sales and Purchase Ledgers, ensuring effective control throughout the processing, reporting, payments and collection of receipts.
- Responsibility for the processing of all invoices and expenses received.
- Managing all weekly payment runs in line with budget set ensuring timely payment for all major suppliers.
- Dealing with internal and external queries regarding invoices and payments.
- Ensuring new supplier set up process is adhered to and any necessary documentation obtained & procuring correct payment details
- Oversee the administration and processing of employee expenses and credit cards ensuring compliance with the policy set and timeliness of payments.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all purchase ledger accounts including overseeing the reconciliation of all major supplier accounts.
- Responsibility for the retail sales ledger including the collection of cash, account reconciliation of self billing concession invoices.
- Productive supervision of the companies fast growing internet business ensuring accurate measurement of fraudulent transactions and allocation of payments received from Sage pay/PayPal & alike. Resolving queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing and developing the combined Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger staff members. Ensuring that they have any training and development needs addressed and completion of all objective reviews.
- Prepare monthly aged debtors and creditors for review with Line Manager.
- On-going review of team/function processes and procedures to ensure that improvements and simplifications are implemented wherever possible.
- Ensuring Month End operations & procedures are dealt with in a timely manner to meet timescale guidelines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good general and technical education – high level of numeracy essential.
- Broad practical experience in both Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger disciplines
- Supervisory/management experience – reporting staff are likely to be of mixed ages and employment backgrounds and could have worked in the business for a considerable period of time
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and customers as positive working relationships and effective decision-making are key to the success of this role and have a quantifiable and considerable business impact
- Good understanding of retail and experience of working with other retail departments, e.g. Sourcing, Buying and Merchandising, to appreciate their relationship with this area
- Good level of excel competency
- Excellent technical knowledge of typical Sales and Purchase Ledger/GL packages
- Experience of ERP systems Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving –Because of the broad scope of the role, organisational skills and an element of flexibility are imperative
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'