Are you a Purchase Ledger in Leeds looking for immediate work? This is a temporary role for 6 weeks+, paying £10.00 per hour. Working Monday- Friday full time but flexible on start and finish times. Based in LS11 near the Holbeck area.
Would you be interested in this role staring ASAP?
* Timely log and code all invoices onto purchase register ready for approval.
* Prepare weekly BACS and cheque runs to pay suppliers and ad-hoc foreign payments
* Respond to any supplier queries promptly and professionally.
* Ensure that the purchase ledger is as up to date as possible at the month end.
* Enter and pay employee cash expenses and petty cash claims.
* Prepare Purchase Ledger accrual for month end.
* Ensure transactions occurring in foreign currencies are regularly matched to ensure that any foreign exchange gains or losses are booked correctly.
* Process any ad-hoc payments which occur outside of the purchase ledger runs (e.g. reimbursements, claims etc)
* Administration and maintenance of the Vendor Management Programme.
* Review systems and processes and make improvements where necessary.
* Support Sales Ledger in the processing of cheques received and other duties as required.
* Liaise with internal and external audit members to enable an efficient and thorough audit.
* Ensure process documentation is kept up-to-date to enable others to perform your primary duties when cover is required.
* Ensure paper documents are archived on a regular basis.
* Other ad-hoc assignments as and when required by senior finance staff.
Personal Qualities and Skills
* Previous Purchase Ledger experience essential.
* Good knowledge of accounting software packages.
* Experienced in using Excel spreadsheets.
* Basic knowledge of VAT.
* High attention to detail and good organisational skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Displays a positive attitude at all times.
* Is a co-operative and adaptive team member.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
If you are interested in this role please contact Natalie Mitchell on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.