We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Clerk for a long-established family run business based near Hamstead.
The role will include responsibilities for the purchase and payroll, with duties including:
• Process purchase invoices and input onto the system, matching and coding
• Authorising supplier payments
• Statement and account reconciliations
• Bank transfers and reconciliations
• Process weekly salaries and pension payments
• Making wage payments
• Dealing with deliveries - calculating carriage and arranging export of goods
• Input details online for Government reports
• Pay third parties at month end via cheques
• Type Proforma emails and letters
• Order stationery and printer cartridges
• Petty cash, switchboard and franking
• Take credit card payments using credit card machine
• Assistant with sales ledger and other office duties to cover staff absences
This is a small accounting team with a company who values their employees and offers good benefits, hours of work and salary package; which may be slightly negotiable dependent on experience.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in a similar role covering purchase ledger and/ payroll work.